Newton Villages’ steering committee is made up of the original volunteers who founded the group in 2009. Each member has professional and/or volunteer experience in land-use planning, traffic, parking, architecture, economic development, or related fields. More importantly, each is a dedicated Newton volunteer with a long history of service and a broad breadth of interests and expertise.
- Pam Boiros
- Matt Cuddy
- Rob Gifford
- Andrea Kelley
- John Pears
- John Sisson
- Chris Steele
- Make all of Newton’s village centers better places to walk, live, work, play, eat, shop, and gather.
- Engage more Newton citizens and businesses in shaping the future of our village centers.
Improve the villages through:
- Advocacy, and
- Volunteer projects.
Work with all Newton stakeholders:
- Individuals and groups;
- Young and old;
- New and longtime residents;
- Merchants and landowners; and
- City agencies and elected officials.
Foster participatory planning based on:
- Guidance from residents, merchants, landowners, and city government,
- The Newton Comprehensive Plan, and
- The Boston Metropolitan Area Planning Council.